Mehnoush Modonpour is an Artist with a passion for Sculpture and Painting.
She found her passion at the age of 10 while drawing in the classroom. In 1984, she moved to Paris to begin her post-secondary education in art and design. In 1987, she graduated from “Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne” in fashion design. She continued her art education in drawing and painting with Parvaneh Etemadi in Tehran, Iran, and later she continued with visual arts (Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking, Pottery, Photography, Mixed Media) at the “Central Technical School” in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Her artwork is influenced by her spirituality and human connectivity. She has gained insight into the meaning of human existence in a mysterious universe through her personal mystical experiences. She uses inner-spiritual observations as inspiration for her artworks. The message of “Oneness” and “Connection” with the Nature is tremendously visible in her works.
She moved to Paris, France in 2015 to continue with great passion and an enthusiasm her experience and growth in Visual Arts.
“Born in Tehran, Iran, as a woman, I have experienced revolution, immigration, war and different cultures in varying phases of my life.
Throughout these experiences my work has often gone outside the “traditional” boundaries of my culture. My work would seem to defy certain concepts that I have been taught to ‘obey’.
I have come to believe that ignorance is the source of human suffering. However, my work shows a break from my cultural traditions and beliefs while also showing the consequences that comes of ignorance.
With my personal life experiences and understandings of different cultures and religions, I also believe in human connection and equality despite differences in ethnicity, gender, religion and culture, and that we are ONE and apart of Nature. Not only do we have to be able to bring the balance in our mind, body and soul, but, also, in our nature and environment.
Therefore my work explores the relationship between human, its surrounding, and everything in between. ”
- 2021 | DF Art Project Exhibition | Paris, France
- 2021 | Iranian Artists Independent Exhibition | Chambourcy, France
- 2020 | DF Art Project Exhibition | Paris, France
- 2020 | Association « Journée Internationale de Norouz » Exhibition | Paris, France
- 2019 | Frame Art Fair Basel 2019 | Basel, Switzerland
- 2018 | ateliers beaux-arts de la ville de Paris Portes ouvertes | Paris, France
- 2017 | ateliers beaux-arts de la ville de Paris Portes ouvertes | Paris, France
- 2016 | ateliers beaux-arts de la ville de Paris Portes ouvertes | Paris, France
- 2014 | Arta Gallery | Toronto, Ontario
- 2014 | C.T.S. | Annual Group Show | Toronto, Ontario
- 2013 | C.T.S. | Annual Group Show | Toronto, Ontario
- 2013 | Arta Gallery | Toronto, Ontario
- 2012 | N.Y.V.A. Toronto Botanical Garden | Toronto, Ontario
- 2011 | Arta Gallery | Toronto, Ontario
- 2008 | Whippersnapper Gallery | Toronto, Ontario
- 1999 | Burlington Annual Juried Show | Burlington, Ontario
- 1998 | Kloepfer Gallery | Guelph, Ontario
- 1997 | Kloepfer Gallery | Guelph, Ontario
- 1997 | G.C.A.A. Expressions Show | Guelph, Ontario
- 1997 | Artisan Gallery Eaton Centre | Guelph, Ontario
- 1996 | Daryabeigi Art Gallery | Tehran, Iran
2015 – 2019, Sculpture at Ateliers Beaux-Arts de la ville de Paris, Jacques Rieu, Paris, France.
2012 – 2014, visual art (Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking, Ceramic, Photography, Mixed Media), Central Technical School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
1992 – 1993, drawing and painting, Parvaneh Etemadi, Tehran, Iran.
1988 – 1989, drawing, Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art, Tehran, Iran.
1984 – 1986, post-secondary education in “Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne”, Paris, France.